Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.02.2008

Take 5

As I was listening to talk radio on my way home (yes, I'm that old - ahem - sophisticated) I heard the dreaded words... 'cancel a show like Dirty Sexy Money'. What?!?! Cancel DSM?? I haven't felt a disappointment like this over something so incredibly trivial in a really long time. I felt it all the way to my stomach. I explained to BigCat tonight that I haven't felt this excitement for the tele since Friends ended... and when was that, five years ago? Since last season, this has been a highlight of my Wednesday's, right behind having the day off with the Bird. [tear]

I hope it's not another five years til the next great. Or am I missing one out there??

9 comments:

Jessie said...

have you watched lipstick jungle friday nights? it's awesome. seriously. i find many shows super awesome. dvr is my favorite friend. i catch up during nap. but try lipstick jungle and let me know what you think.

angie said...

i'm sorry, but you NEED to watch the office. and 30 rock. that should get you through the dark days.

Sarah said...

I think Lipstick Jungle has been canceled too! Grey's has jumped the shark, so I think I'm going to switch to NBC's lineup! Great ideas!

Jessie said...

lipstick jungle was talked about being canceled but is not anymore. yay!! what does the grey's comment mean?

Sarah said...

I just feel like Grey's isn't what it used to be. I am thinking about not watching for a while to see if it gets better. Maybe The Office would be a better use of my time?!?!

Jolene said...

I don't know this show at all and since I don't watch TV too often I don't have any good advice for a replacement. So - I guess I just wanted to say. DANGIT. And sorry. Sometimes it IS the little things that make or break the moments.

p.s. a couple of weeks ago on a thursday i was all excited that ty didn't have kung fu cause i thought to myself - hey, i can watch friends tonight!!! lol! oops :)

Melissa said...

Oh no!!! I hadn't heard that! Mike and I love that show too!!!

Courtney Smith said...

The Office is a must. Also, I've started 30 Rock, worth a watch! I totally agree about Grey's. So disappointing!

jenstillinak said...

Ha ha, I was going to comment about Lipstick Jungle! I just started watching it and liking it and now it's cancelled?!?!
TV is just bad nowadays, except for Thursday nights, you gotta jump on NBC!