Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

12.15.2008

Baked Goods

Last night, I wrote a long blog about why my ERCP procedure has been moved to February 17th, a month later than originally planned. In short, it's because of work, but my original blog went into great detail. As I was reviewing it, the Bird came up, smacked my laptop, and bam! it was gone. My stomach dropped - I was left with nothing after a good amount of time and thought went into it. I asked myself... is this a sign I should not post it? I was indeed venting and didn't have a whole lot of good to say about the workplace. Eh, I thought, I'll still write it.

After detailing the happenings of my Friday in the office again, I took a brain break in order to read it later with a fresh(er) mind. At 7 o'clock, I decided to bake some banana chocolate chip muffins I've been craving for months. I
never start projects so late in the evening (yes, I consider this late... it's my time to unwind, not get started), but last night I made an exception considering how fired up my mind was.

I cannot remember the last time I baked something other than pre-made cookies. Last night I learned that baking is quite good for my mind, and soul. After writing a therapeutic blog - twice - and baking some muffins, I knew I didn't need to air all of the dirt behind the date change.

3 comments:

angie said...

pure therapy. way to cut yourself a break and indulge a little! i hope you start having as much fun baking as i am. :) it is just good for the soul.

Courtney Smith said...

I love writing things to vent...and them deleting them. It makes me feel better and no one's feelings are hurt! But I think I should still be mad at your work, so I am!

Jolene said...

i'm glad you're feeling better - though sorry you have to wait even longer. i can't imagine how frustrating that must have been to hear.