At first thought, and overall, a job loss in any family is a difficult time. Thus far, my conclusion is that the financing will be the hardest part. However, in our household, there are many pros that come with it as well:
- A clean and picked-up house, everyday
- Bonding for BigCat and the Bird, Momless
- Home cooked meals ready and waiting following my work days
- Tuesday night parties
- 3 days a week are ours, they do not belong to the employer
- Not writing a weekly check for someone else to care for the Bird
- I am only responsible for getting myself ready and to work on time in the a.m.
- BigCat realizing how much work running a household is, even without being paired with "work"
- More family QT, thanks to everything BigCat gets done during the day
And, last but not least:
-We are growing stronger as a family unit - it's either that or falling apart... and, well, the latter is not acceptable for us.
However, do not be mistaken, I hope that he's back to work sooner than later. But, as long as this is where we are in life, I am going to enjoy the positive effects of Mr. Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sounds to me like there are almost more positives! I hope everything will work out for you guys, we all go through ups and downs and these things really do make us stonger. I can't believe all that BigCat is doing!
PS Mr. Mom is still one of my favorite movies
I can definitely empathize with you..! Glad you are seeing the positive in it though - not much else you can do, right?! I hope everything falls into place for you - I will be thinking of you and your family :)
PS.. thank you for the comments on my past couple of postings - I liked them :)
That a girl, Sarah. You found a silver lining in a gray cloud. Hoping and praying that all will come together as it needs to in due time. Till then, keep up the positive attitude if you can - Hey thanks for sharing that blessing!
~bs
good for you, sarah! way to focus on the awesome side effects of a not-so-awesome life turn. i'm proud of you. :)
Good for you, Sarah, for looking at all those positive! We have lived through this a couple times. There is always hope. Love, Judy
Jeremy has been joking that we should change places (I go work at the store and he'll stay home). Your list makes me almost want to take him up on it!
Praying for you guys!
Hey Sarah, you said it all very well. It takes discipline and fortitude to keep moving forward in these uncertain times.... gratitude makes the journey not just bearable but also rewarding.
We are now in week #13...moving forward as best as we can. It also helps to tell myself "we are one day closer to a resolution."
Love you!
Auntie J
Post a Comment