Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.27.2008

Thanksgiving:

A day to give thanks or a day to be reminded of what to be thankful for?

For me, today, both. Not that I've ever forgotten the latter, but there are times it is shoved to the rear of my thoughts in lieu of self pity.

Last week we went from empathizing with the nation to sympathizing with it. Really, those two words confuse me, so suffice to say we are unexpectedly feeling the wrath of today's economy (so if you need a great carpenter...). On top of that, BigCat has a "raving ear infection" - yes, he even went to the clinic. Sans the delicious take-home meal from his loving auntie this Thanksgiving, BigCat would have completely missed out on all of the greatness of the day.


However, the Bird and I were fortunate enough to enjoy the best part of today... in the company of family. Going into the day, I sadly felt unsure of my thanks. I know deep down how absolutely blessed I am, but I sometimes still allow myself a funk. This year, Thanksgiving came at an impeccable time in my life... when a reminder of the safety, love, support and realness of family goes a long way. It clears the fog in my head, helps me to see life a little more clearly.

Thank you... to all of my family and friends. In all honesty, without you, I would be nothing!

4 comments:

angie said...

happy thanksgiving, sarah! it is so good of you to seek out your blessings. but UGH i am sorry to hear about bigcat's luck this week! SO sorry. truly. it's such a scary predicament to suddenly find yourself in. i'll pray that a remedy comes quickly for your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah....yes times like these make us take stock in our blessings and dig deep to find the fortitude to see them through. May you have many blessings during this challenging time! With that said...it is ok to have a pity party now and then!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Just want you to know we are asking for blessings for your family on a daily basis. I was so sorry to hear of Mike's layoff. Love you! Judy

Jolene said...

Love you - am thinking of you - am thankful for you - and praying for your family!!! Happy belated thanksgiving my darling cousin and friend!

p.s. we sorta drove by your place on Wednesday - I wanted to call you but alas I no longer have your # (new phone - old phone display died and i lost a few important things such as this). so sometime, please e-me and you gotta tell me where you live (so i can kick myself knowing how close i was) and your phone number so i can at least say hi as i'm waving and driving by ;)