Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

1.27.2009

POMS

I'm at a loss for blog thoughts lately. There are so many bigger things going on - bigger than anything I would attempt to write about. Indescribable thoughts circling around, flitting about constantly throughout the day. It's like the feeling suggested when you hear "in the pit of your stomach". It isn't an easily described feeling, but we all know what it is.

I can think of many moments in my life when I felt it in the 'pit of my stomach' -POMS. Most of my POMS memories are unpleasant ones, or at least anxiety-ridden... forgetting a paper that was due that morning, finding out a loved one has cancer, hearing that he was going to be at the party, an argument with someone of significance, a death... I can feel it in the POMS now with just mention of these memories.

Where I am right now, in this life, will be a time remembered like those above. When I think back, I will be able to feel it all again. I'm not altogether sure it's a good thing, but I do know it has a great impact on the person I have come to be... and will grow to be.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you! Can't wait for our girls date next week!!

Jolene said...

Amen!