Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.10.2008

Amy's Day

9 years ago today, my dear, dear cousin Amy passed away. Anyone near and dear in my life knows how much this girl meant to me. We were more than cousins, closer to sisters, just the kind that didn't get to see each other enough.

Although it is a very sad day, it is also a special one. It is a day to remember her and how she impacted every one's lives she was a part of, in her extraordinary way. I awoke this morning with only thoughts of her, and although it was 9 years ago that she was taken from us, I remember the day like it was last week.

I was at a boyfriend's house when I received the call from my mom. I can still clearly picture myself sitting on the edge of the bed in complete shock, disbelief, bewilderment. I wasn't able to drive myself, so he brought me home. There stood my mom in the kitchen, waiting. There was nothing to be said. All we had were questions, and unanswerable ones at that. We curled up in the living room being sleep was not conceivable and watched Forrest Gump. I haven't even peeked at the movie again since then, nor do I believe I ever will.

There are no words to describe the loss we all feel. I am grateful we're able to talk about, remember and appreciate Amy with her parents, siblings and son. To this day, I still feel her presence now and then, and am thankful for the connection we continue to have.

Amy, you are always missed, remembered and loved and will continue to be until we see you again.

8 comments:

Adrianna Charboneau said...

I love you Sarah. :-)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute.....thank you for posting!

Truman's Troops said...

Thank you Sarah for your wonderful remembrance of Amy. she was a special young lady, there is no doubt about it. We were blessed to have her !! Love Judy

angie said...

amen, sarah, jackie, and judy! we really were blessed to have her in our lives; there will never be someone quite like amy. i'm so glad we all have so many beautiful memories of her!

Klaw said...

"There are special people in our lives who never leave us...Even after they are gone." ~ D. Morgan

Love you girl!!

Anonymous said...

I'm always a little late in reading your blog. Your tribute to Amy was very special, just as she was and you are. We will always miss that special smile and great giggle of hers, which I heard in Jalen when he was a little boy.
Love ya Sarah, mom

Anonymous said...

Thank You Sarah, Love you Janel

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this again. And agree with all the other comments. Thanks for sharing-it is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person. Amy truly will always be with us -we just need to call upon her. Love you, Auntie M.