Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

7.29.2008

Ready, Set, Goal!

I thought it was important that I set a few goals for myself as far as running is concerned. Just a couple of days ago, I informed BigCat that I would be running a 5k as soon as I could do my 'mile to the 3rd' loop in 30 minutes (I'm at about 42 minutes right now, that's a big jump!). Turns out after clocking my route, it's actually closer to 3.5 miles, this must be close to a 5k?? I guess I need to do a bit more research. I'm hoping to have this accomplished sometime next spring, or maybe run the Anoka race with my favorite brother.

On that note, I ran a mile straight at the gym yesterday. I always thought if I worked this hard, the weight would just fall off. Not quite the case, but I'm hoping it's happening even if in slow motion. However, just accomplishing running a mile (which I don't believe I've ever done... even in elementary school I'd walk some of it) feels pretty darn good.

5 comments:

Courtney Smith said...

You go girl! That's awesome!

Truman's Troops said...

Way to go Sarah!!!!

angie said...

holy cats, good for you!! that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, would you run a mile for me too? I been walk'n and feeling old! Keep up the good work.
~bs

amanda t said...

I too have been running with mom in the mornings. . . and it is AwEsOmE!!! I am no track star. . . and pounds are not falling off. . . but I sure do feel better physically. And for the record, 5k = 3.1 miles!