Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

7.18.2008

Nothingness

Is it possible to think about nothing?? Last night as I lay in bed, trying to fall fast asleep after getting home late (helped SIL with some wedding favors... good fun!), I tried to force myself to think of n.o.t.h.i.n.g. Of course that is when I started to ponder whether this was even a possibility. Once I decided that this didn't seem even remotely achievable (although BigCat has claimed on many occassions that he's thinking about "nothing"), I tried to focus on the here and now... laying in bed, listening to the AC, snuggled with a snoring hubby and pup, why would I want to be anywhere else? However, my mind always travels elsewhere... make a pedi appointment, directions to that restaurant, order this, do that, what a great idea! I found myself with eyes wide open under my trusty sleep mask, without hardly noticing because it was still so dark. I almost got up to blog, relieve myself of the many thoughts, when I realized staring at a bright screen probably wouldn't help the sleep overcome the ideas. This morning, I remember so little of what seemed endlessly important last night after midnight. I finally drifted (after a good hour or so), but not before thinking about what I might have for lunch today.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's funny - my Mike thinks about "nothing" as well!! ..See you Monday :)

Adrianna Charboneau said...

It's not. I try very often....it just makes me think more!