Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.10.2008

Masking the Worry

I went to a shower a couple months back and they had some extravagant gift baskets for their guests. Mine included many items to help a gal relax, how perfect! With cute little jewels, a white eye mask found it's way from the basket into my night stand, where I thought it would stay forever.

This sounds odd, but every night when I lie down I feel the little area in between my eyes tighten up, increasing the depth of that little 'worried' line tremendously. Am I thinking too hard? Worried? Anxious? Whatever the case, it really bothers me. I recently have started using my thumb, finger, whatever, to put some pressure in that spot which helps me to relax. I was even starting to think that maybe a little Botox would freeze it and then I wouldn't have to feel it again (too bad that's way out of my price range). And then, one night, I threw on the pretty little eye mask.

It was wonderful, for so many reasons. It blocks any light, felt nice over my eyes and most importantly put the right amount of pressure on my worried line. I may look kind of funny in bed these days, but I heart my eye mask.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

HA HA! I love it! Truly! It sounds so peaceful - I've wanted one for years but never quite got around to it.

angie said...

oh, i can see it now! you forgot to add to your list that you now look like a princess when you sleep. :) so smart!

Anonymous said...

Hey Poochikins, I've had one for a couple years and use it almost everynight. I call it a marriage saver :)

lots of love