Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.23.2008

Pack it up, pack it in

Oh my gosh!!! 5 days?!?! I am nowhere near ready. The good news is that I found the lawn chair I've been looking for the past 5+ years (yep, I'm that easy to please... a lawn chair) and some good books to read while I kick back in it. I ended up with: The Time Traveler's Wife, A New Earth and Water for Elephants. The remaining suggestions have found their way to the future read list. I sure did appreciate the suggestions! I know Peanut will keep me more than busy, but I hope to get one of them read. I can't believe my countdown is almost up. My favorite holiday is almost upon us. That brings me to a good point... I'm most likely going to be at home for the 4th this year, for the first time, oh I don't know... ever!! I'm really hoping the town puts on some sparklies, I heart fireworks. This time I'll even have my sought after lawn chair.

Between now and then... packing, shopping, working, packing, stressing, mommying, packing, packing...

8 comments:

Jolene said...

5 days - incredible! we started packing yesterday - the beach stuff. i figure as long as everyone has water-wear, we should be set :)

Courtney Smith said...

I wish I was going! It sounds like fun!

angie said...

if you count throwing a hat, a ball of string and bottle of asprin on a pile in the office, then i, too, have started packing.

Sarah said...

Ang- I get the hat and the aspirin, but the string???

Jolene said...

sarah - string is a multipurpose, don't leave home without it, tool. tie rafts together. make a clothesline. trip people. you name it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy packing Sarah!
Billy's going to flip when he sees my pile of - well - you know - stuff!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
~bs

Melissa said...

The 4th is my favorite holiday too! .. Good choice on The Time Traveler's Wife - you'll like it.. you'll have to let me know about the Elephant one, I haven't read that one..

angie said...

jolene listed all our reasons for including it. :)