For Peanut to make a peep, or more so hoped for, for him to sleep. Poor lil' guy is sick again. He and I have been a vicious cycle of colds this winter, and being winter seems to have lasted forever, so have the colds. When he's under the weather, it's usually about a 3-night run of wakings. Last night is was midnight-thirty, tonight already the last hour has been spent consoling, rocking, talking, singing... For now, it's quiet.
I understand now, more than ever, why mother's have one day devoted to them a year (although maybe it should be more). I already know what one of the all-time greatest gifts of motherhood is... being able to quiet your sick baby to sleep, in the sweetest, most natural way... being a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awww, how sweet and beautiful. :) happy motherhood! i hope your dear babe feels better soon.
Sarah, how tender. how beautiful. sounds like you are cherishing your moments. God bless you.
love, bs
Post a Comment