Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.13.2008

Beauty Mark

As I was running the razor over my dry, winterized leg today, I glimpsed at the vein on the back of my right leg. It brought to mind a time I asked my mom what hers was from. In the years after she explained to me that it happens with time, babies and crossing your legs, I realized that it was a trait my grandma (and some aunties) shared as well. It seems to be a common theme that these are unwanted. I hear plenty of commercials offering to remove them (I realize they cause problems and maybe aren't good in large quantities), but for me this one has taken on a different meaning. I looked at it and thought of how it's a display of womanhood and a mark of beauty.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

wow! that's a beautiful way of looking at it. i gotta try that.

angie said...

i have that vein too!!! let's compare in july. :) thank you for giving me that newer, much better and more graceful, perspective.

Melissa said...

Lord - I have so many of those! I have had them removed a few times, but they just come back..with friends! I wish I was as positive about it as you are! (Would save me some money at least!)