Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.22.2009

Diagnosis: SOD

The doc claimed the procedure was "technically sound". By the book... this was music to my ears. Diagnosis: Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (I have found this to be at least as accurate as I would be). Two stents are in place - one relieving the duct with "abnormally high pressure". After a rough bout with some hefty pain meds, I settled on Tylenol and just taking it easy. Thank you to BigCat and my mom for enabling me to do just that the last handful of days.

My doc speaks very fast and uses words I don't understand, but regardless I'm quite certain I would have picked up on any diagnosis with 'odd' in it. However, I never heard anything about SOD until post-surgery. Since then I've done a little research and it makes perfect sense. My SOD may be directly related to, caused by, the surgery I had three years ago to remove my gallbladder - along with the very large stone in it - leaving scarring on the sphincter. Finally I feel like I'm getting the answers I've been looking for. Hopefully the pain relief will be soon to follow.

At this point, I'm moving just fast enough to blog. Still taking it easy for a couple more days and looking forward to the best results possible. As soon as the pain clears up from the procedure itself, I should know if the job is done. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers sent... they're being heard!

10 comments:

Jolene said...

hugs and kisses to you girl!! thank you for the update - and we'll keep praying for a quick recovery and the answers you seek! love you :)

The Kasper Kin-Da Boards said...

Hi Sarah!
I'm so glad you're this far with all the procedure stuff. God bless you as you recover!
love, barbie

Jessie said...

been wondering what's going on-so glad to hear that the end result should be one that is good. continue to rest!

angie said...

amen! this would certainly make sense. i hope you heal quickly so you can revel in a new, pain-free you!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I am glad to know that it was something logical that caused it. Does make it easier to handle.
I wish you welldom very quickly!! thought and prayers are always sailing down 169 to your house and you!! Love, judy

Courtney Smith said...

I hope you're feeling 100% soon! I'm glad you have some questions answered too!

Melissa said...

I was glad to see your posting - I've been thinking about you! Hope you are feeling well, swan :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update Sarah! Prayers from Cloudy town to you!

so does this mean it is not the hereditary thingy they thought it was?

hugs and kisses

Sarah said...

Yes, Jackie... this has ruled out Pancreas Divisum, which was the birth anomaly. My ducts were fused as they should have been!

Anonymous said...

So you might say that you "have your ducts in a row"?

Groan.....I know.

Update on you please!!!