For the first time ever, I had myself some homemade coffee on my way into work this morning, and let me just say, it was de.light.ful! For years now I have treated myself to a Frozen Caramel from Panera a couple times a month. On these days I am either fueling up for craziness at work or starting my day out happy with hopes it would end that way too. At 5 bucks a pop, I thought maybe I should consider buying a good coffee of my own to experiment with. And with fall rolling in, what better time than now to see if I like the hot stuff as much as the cold.
I set the 'Delay Brew' last night to have it ready just in time for my voyage in. There was a wonderful smell seeping from the kitchen as I readied myself. Ahhh. And bonus, a little caffeine jolt at dawn truly seems to go a long way. Maybe I've started something here, and maybe all my mornings will be a little brighter with a Cup-A-Joe.
(Thanks to Jo for the unintended recommendation and to Mom for always telling me coffee drinking didn't start til 30 (for her anyway). I didn't believe you and thought I'd never get there, but after one little bird and 30 growing nearer, sure enough...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sarah - I'm so, so glad you got to experience such a divine moment. Coffee at daybreak is amazing - changes the entire tone of the day in minutes!
mmm sounds lovely. :) i must be pretty scholl in that way, too. i like tiny sips of coffee every now and then, but it looks like i have much to look forward to at 30!
Gotta' love the auto coffee maker!! Can't start my day without it!!
Sarah
That is just great. I always enjoyed waking up at Grandma Scholl's house because of the smell of coffee brewing. Grandma was always up early and that was the first thing she did. The reason I starting drinking coffee was because I wanted to sit at the kitchen table with her and enjoy that cup of coffee and chat. It was some of the best times with my mom. love ya, your mom
Hey Sarah, glad you found a picker-upper, wake-me-upper! I enjoy your blog!
~bs
Post a Comment