Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

4.24.2008

Emergency Team Member

We're having a tornado drill at work today and it's my responsibility as my department's Emergency Team Member to make sure all other employees are out and safe before myself. Yep, that's right, I'm putting my life on the line for others {firm pat on the back}. What I don't really understand is why we need to practice this drill. We learned so early in school what to do and now as adults still need lessons? And really, if there were a tornado, or fire, or other extreme condition, are people really going to listen to me, or just run for their lives? I think I'd probably be running for my own at that point. If you can't figure it out, too bad. Hard lesson learned. So, in a bit here, I'm heading to the basement to sweat it out with hundreds of other county employees. Good times.

2 comments:

Courtney Smith said...

Way to be in charge Sarah! Just think of how many lives you could save. :)

Jolene said...

You're like superwoman! or mighty mouse-ette! you can be my hero, babe ;)