BigCat is working hard to get the downstairs bedroom finished so that everything from the spare bedroom upstairs can be moved on down. Then Bubba, and all his belongings, will be moved into the former spare bedroom (which has been a play room for the last handful of months - yikes, he probably doesn't want to lose that!) and baby girl will be moving into Bubba's current room. Why so many moves? Well, the "baby" room is by far the smallest so it only makes sense, specially since Bubba and his toys require a greater space these days.
Anyway, point being, I'm hard at work to empty (and hopefully get rid of some of) the contents of the former spare bedroom closet. The issue at hand... I have a box full of all of the cards I have received in my 30 years... what do I do with these?? I don't think I can continue to keep them all as I would have way too many by the end. I have even started a box for BigCat, mostly against his will, but those will be easier to weed out and toss. Does anyone have any fun ideas of what to do with these? I'm definitely going to get rid of some of them, maybe just keeping the ones with special personal messages? I don't know... I'm at a loss. I feel like I'll be getting rid of a part of me, but I don't know that keeping them around is the best answer. The house just isn't big enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OMG, Sarah - I have always saved all of my cards too! I thought I was the only one! AND.. I also save my Mike's (against his will as well!).. I'm thinking of doing something crafty with mine - my aunt did a big collage kind of thing and had it framed with all of her baby cards after my cousin was born.. I'm curious to see what suggestions people will have.. We might have to get together and do something crafty one of these days ;)
Oooh... that would be fun! Some creative people read this, so let's hope they speak up!
And, it ended up being way harder to go through them than I thought, so I didn't do a full overhaul. I did, however, decide it was okay to throw the cards from my first grade classmates... ya know, like the ones that all said "I love you!". And the one that said "Molly is my best friend" on the front of it... thanks a lot Jason C! :-)
I also find it hard to throw away cards. An uncreative idea - one that I use for some of the kids' projects - would be to scan them. I think it might be a pretty serious pain in the butt though - since you'd want to scan the outside and the inside. I'll be checking back to see if anyone has some great idea!
Post a Comment